Friday, January 23, 2015

I Stand Corrected

  Well, it's been one whole week since I set out on this little "I'm gonna write a blog" adventure and I have to say, the response has been incredibly cool.  My friends have all been super supportive and encouraging, I have received really cool messages from folks I have not heard from in ages and my hubby is uber proud. I think my very favorite reaction thus far has been that of my 83 year old Dad, who after reading my very first post, just looked at me and said, "Wow.  That is a LOT of personal information to put out there."  Thanks, Dad...I think?  

  This week has been a crazy one at work!!   The kids both had busy school weeks, I totally forgot to send Monkey with candy he needed today for a 100 days of school celebration on Monday and Squeaks did not bring her Sound Box today for "N" day.  (Sam was happy to let me know that she was able to show her "nose" and "nails" so it was ok.  And Spencer can bring the Skittles on Monday.)  Still feeling like Mother of the year, over here.   Why do we do that to ourselves?  I don't know about you guys, but I am harder on myself than anyone else could ever hope to be.
 
  Speaking of mistakes...

   My husband was kind enough to point out to me that I did NOT, in fact, get our money back for the "beautiful and buzz free life original blog debacle."   Excuse moi?   Apparently, what actually happened is that I got our money back the FOLLOWING YEAR, when they charged me for my second year of blogspace.  Whoops.    (Hubs is having a FEILD DAY with my little error,  because his nickname for me is "Columbo" thanks to my incredible memory.  I am going to let him have this one.)

    I have discovered that writing a funny Facebook status update is MUCH easier than writing this blog.   But, I just joined Twitter and  trying to be devastatingly clever in 140 characters or less is kicking my ass!  I am determined to figure it out, though....because I desperately want to be hip.  (If YOU are hip and do the Twitter thang, then follow me @sobersuthrnmama.  All the cool kids are doing it.)

  I do a lot with our local community theater and tomorrow night I have been asked to reprise my Gypsy Fortune Teller character at Mall Ball, which is pretty big fundraiser here in town.   It should be a good time.  I get to speak with a fun accent, be totally outrageous, and pretend to tell fortunes to many, many people that have had free booze all night.  I am certain I will return with some good stories!  And if you are local and have tickets....stop by and let me tell your fortune!



 
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment